GPV/KCV is committed to an ethical approach to its work, meaning that it will:
- maintain a commitment to its beliefs, prioritising the wellbeing of families,
- maintain confidentiality at all times, protecting the privacy of all who associate with GPV/KCV,
- uphold individual rights while at the same time advocating for the rights of disadvantaged groups,
- foster a culture of fairness,
- respect a diversity of views.
GPV/KCV believes that:
- all children must be protected and given every opportunity and all possible support to fulfil their potential,
- the needs of families are becoming more complex and the support grandparents can offer to their own family and to other families is significant,
- grandparents have unique understandings and attitudes that should influence decisions about child wellbeing,
- through acting together grandparents can become strong advocates,
- grandparents have a responsibility to engage in public discussions and to act to ensure the wellbeing of children.