GPV/KCV believes that the easy availability of alcohol is problematic and that measures should be introduced to control its sale, including moves to:
- introduce a delay of two hours between order and delivery, to stop rapid supply of alcohol to people who may be dealing with alcohol dependence
- limit alcohol deliveries to between 6pm–10pm, to reduce the risks of alcohol-fuelled family violence and suicide, which peak late at night
- require online age verification through digital ID checks, to ensure alcohol isn’t sold to children
- require ID checks upon delivery and ban unattended delivery to ensure alcohol isn’t supplied to children or people who are intoxicated; and
- prevent alcohol companies from predatory targeting and marketing towards people who are at their most vulnerable to ensure people are not exploited and their health is protected.