– ANNOUNCEMENT MADE 3PM, SUNDAY 2 AUGUST 2020
The Victorian Government has announced a number of changes to restrictions for Melbourne and regional Victoria.
New restrictions will take effect from 6pm Sunday 2 August. A curfew will be in place from 8pm from that evening. Curfews will be in operation from 8pm to 5am every evening. People are only allowed to leave their house for work and essential health, care or safety reasons.
Outside of these hours, you are only allowed to leave your house for one of the following four reasons:
• To purchase food and necessary supplies. This must be done within a 5km radius from where you live. Only one person per household can leave for essential goods, and only once per day. For some people the nearest goods and services will be more than 5km away. In this situation you may travel beyond 5km to the nearest provider. If you are unable to leave home because it would mean leaving a young child or at-risk person at home unattended, then they may accompany you.
• To exercise once a day for up to one hour within a 5km radius of your home. Gathering sizes will be limited to two. If you are unable to leave home because it would mean leaving a young child or at-risk person at home unattended, then they may accompany you.
• For care and health care including accompanying someone for essential medical care if you are a carer, guardian or necessary support person. The 5km limit does not apply to care or caregiving.
• Work. Study at TAFE and university must be done remotely. The 5km limit does not apply to work.
You are also allowed to leave your home to visit your partner or as part of formal or informal shared parenting arrangements.
If you are escaping family violence, you can also leave your home.
You can always leave home in case of an emergency.
You must continue to wear a face covering when you leave your home.
Regional Victoria including Mitchell Shire
Regional Victoria will move to Stage 3 restrictions. This means you must stay home except for the following four reasons:
• For food and essential supplies
• For study or work
• For care and healthcare
• And for exercise or outdoor recreation
No visitors are allowed at your home, and you are only allowed to gather with one person from outside your household in public.
Schools returning to remote learning. All schools around Victoria will move to remote learning this week. Schools will remain open for vulnerable children and the children of permitted workers.
Kinders and early childhood centres in metropolitan Melbourne will only be open for vulnerable children and children whose parents are permitted workers.
Specialist schools, kinders and childcare will remain open in regional areas.
When outside your home, you must wear a face covering.